The Second Tohoku University - RIKEN Joint Workshop: "Math Meets Quantum Materials"
- September 29 (Tue) at 16:00 - September 30 (Wed) at 20:00, 2020 (JST)
- Prof. Hidetoshi Nishimori (Senior Visiting Scientist, iTHEMS / Specially Appointed Professor, Tokyo Institute of Technology)
- Dr. Tomoki Ozawa (Visiting Scientist, iTHEMS / Associate Professor, Advanced Institute for Materials Research (AIMR), Tohoku University)
- Dr. Ching-Kai Chiu (Senior Research Scientist, iTHEMS)
- Dr. Ryusuke Hamazaki (Senior Research Scientist, iTHEMS / RIKEN Hakubi Team Leader, Nonequilibrium Quantum Statistical Mechanics RIKEN Hakubi Research Team, RIKEN Cluster for Pioneering Research (CPR))
- Dr. Kyosuke Adachi (Special Postdoctoral Researcher, iTHEMS / Special Postdoctoral Researcher, Nonequilibrium Physics of Living Matter RIKEN Hakubi Research Team, RIKEN Center for Biosystems Dynamics Research (BDR))
- Prof. Christopher Bourne (Visiting Scientist, iTHEMS / Assistant Professor, Advanced Institute for Materials Research (AIMR), Tohoku University)
- via Online
The second Tohoku University - RIKEN joint workshop, entitled "Math Meets Quantum Materials," takes place from September 29 - 30.
Tohoku University and RIKEN have been holding a series of joint workshops based on the agreement on collaboration and cooperation signed in 2019.
The second workshop focuses on collaboration in the fields of mathematical sciences and quantum materials; two fields that have significantly merged in recent years.
Like topological materials, which are discovered using the mathematical concept of topology, materials science is currently evolving from the conventional way of finding materials. Instead of developing materials with good properties through numerous experiments, materials science is increasingly finding materials using mathematical predictions.
This workshop will discuss these latests developments and related topics.
Although some lectures will take place in Japanese, the majority of talks will be in English.
The deadline for registration is Monday, September 28.
For more information, please click on the relevant link.