An award based on the donation for the purpose to nurture junior scientists.
“Kohsuke Yagi Quark Matter Award” (Yagi Award) is based on the donation to iTHEMS from bereaved family of late Professor Kohsuke Yagi who was a renowned Japanese nuclear physicist. Responding to the family request, the award aims to support early career scientists with Japanese nationality, to promote and expand country's nuclear physics research field. It will be awarded to junior Japanese physicists under age of 40 who give plenary talk at the “Quark Matter: International Conference on Ultra-relativistic Nucleus-Nucleus Collisions” held in every 1.5 years.
- Tetsuo Hatsuda (Director, RIKEN iTHEMS), Chair
- Shoji Nagamiya (Professor Emeritus, KEK)
- Tetsufumi Hirano（Professor, Sophia Uinversity）
- Yasuo Miake（Professor, University of Tsukuba）
- QCD Matter Open Forum (QCDMOF)
- 2019 Yagi Award
Dr. Yukinao Akamatsu (Assistant Professor, Osaka University)
- Quark Matter 2019 - the XXVIIIth Int. Conference on Ultra-relativistic Nucleus-Nucleus Collisions
- QCD Matter Open Forum (QCDMOF) (in Japanese)
- Memory of Professor Kohsuke Yagi (in Japanese)
- Dr. Yukinao Akamatsu (Assistant Professor, Osaka University)
- Slides of a plenary talk at Quark Matter 2019 by Dr. Yukinao Akamatsu