International Symposium on Quantum Fluids and Solids (QFS)
- July 25 (Wed) at 17:30 - July 31 (Tue) at 12:50, 2018 (JST)
The International Symposium on Quantum Fluids and Solids (QFS) will be held at Ito International Research Center (IIRC) on Hongo campus of the University of Tokyo, Japan, from July 25 through 31, 2018. One of the sponsors of this conference is iTHEMS.
The QFS series started forty-three years ago making it one of the oldest series of international conferences in the field of low temperature physics. It has historically been focusing on physics of liquid and solid helium and hydrogen. But in this century its scope is expanding widely from laser cooled cold atoms to topological matters. At QFS2018 in Tokyo, this trend will be continued and with even more interdisciplinary aspects emphasized between the traditional subjects and those in broader physical systems.
Representative topics in QFS2018 are:
- Quantum fluids, solids, and gases
- Unconventional/topological superfluids and superconductors
- Strongly correlated quantum matters
- Quantum turbulence
- Quantum spin liquids
- Quantum phase transitions and criticality
- Novel low temperature techniques