Daikanyama College of Music Lecture Series Vol.1 - Music x Mathematics : May not music be described as the mathematics of the sense, mathematics as music of the reason?
- October 21 (Wed) at 20:00 - 21:00, 2020 (JST)
- Prof. Takashi Tsuboi (Deputy Program Director, iTHEMS / Musashino University)
- via Online
Prof. Takashi Tsuboi, Deputy Program Director of iTHEMS will explain the beauty and harmony of Mathematics together with the piano performance by Rutsuko Yamagishi.
- Pythagoras. Pythagorean Triangle.
- Pythagorean tuning
- Frequency and pitch of sound Octave
- Pythagorean tuning was created using 3x and 2x properties
- The ratio of numbers and Just intonation
- Mersenne's Equal temperament
- Discovery of Logarithms
- Wave and Fourier Analysis
- F. List: Les jeux d'eaux à la Villa d'Este, Années de pèlerinage Troisième année Ⅳ
- J.S. Bach: The Well-Tempered Clavier Book, in C Major Prelude BWV 846
- D. Scarlatti: Sonata K.87 in B minor
- S. Rachmaninoff: Moments musicaux Op.16-4 in E minor (Presto)
*There may be some changes in the titles.
For more information and to register, please click on the relevant link.