Symmetry-based analysis for unconventional superconductors: Diagnosis of topological and nodal superconductivity
- October 12 (Tue) at 16:00 - 17:15, 2021 (JST)
- Seishiro Ono (Department of Applied Physics, School of Engineering, The University of Tokyo)
- via Zoom
The physics of unconventional superconductors has gained a new dimension in the past decade, thanks to the bloom in the understanding of topological quantum materials. Keeping in mind the success of the symmetry-based diagnosis in the large-scale discovery of topological insulator and semimetal candidates , it is natural to ask whether the approach can be generalized to superconducting systems.
In this talk, I provide a unified way to diagnose topology and superconducting nodes in unconventional superconductors. First, I review symmetry-indicator theory for the topological insulators . Also, I also discuss how to generalize the theory to superconductors [3,4,5]. Next, I show that the symmetry-based approach can extensively classify superconducting nodes pinned to high-symmetric momenta . Finally, I show that these results enable us to derive the comprehensive correspondences between pairing symmetries and topological/nodal superconducting nature for each material .
*Detailed information about the seminar refer to the email.
- T. Zhang, et al., Nature, 566, 475-479 (2019)., M. G. Vergoniry, et al., Nature, 566, 480-485 (2019)., F. Tang, et al., Nature, 566, 486-489 (2019).
- H. C. Po, A. Vishwanath, and H. Watanabe, Nat. Commn. 8, 50 (2017) [see also B. Bradlyn, et al., Nature 547, 475-479 (2017)]., arXiv: 1703.00911
- S. Ono, H. C. Po*, and H. Watanabe*, Sci. Adv. 6, eaaz8367(2020)
- S. Ono, H. C. Po, and K. Shiozaki, Phys. Rev. Res. 3, 023086 (2021)
- M. Geier, et al., Phys. Rev. B 101, 245128 (2020)
- S. Ono and K. Shiozaki, arXiv:2102.07676, arXiv: 2102.07676
- F. Tang*, S. Ono*, et al., arXiv:2106.11985, arXiv: 2106.11985