Light-matter control of quantum materials: From light-induced superconductivity to cavity materials
- April 20 (Wed) at 15:30 - 17:00, 2022 (JST)
- Dr. Michael Sentef (Emmy Noether Research Group Leader, Max Planck Institute for the Structure and Dynamics of Matter, Germany)
- via Zoom
- Hidetoshi Taya
In this talk I will discuss recent progress in controlling and inducing materials properties with light . Specifically I will discuss recent experiments showing light-induced superconductivity through phonon driving in an organic kappa salt  and its possible theoretical explanation via dynamical Hubbard U . I will then highlight some recent theoretical and experimental progress in cavity quantum materials , where the classical laser as a driving field of light-induced properties is replaced by quantum fluctuations of light in confined geometries. Ideas and open questions for future work will be outlined.
- A. de la Torre, D. M. Kennes, M. Claassen, S. Gerber, J. W. McIver, M. A. Sentef, Colloquium: Nonthermal pathways to ultrafast control in quantum materials, Rev. Mod. Phys. 93, 041002 (2021), doi: 10.1103/RevModPhys.93.041002
- M. Buzzi, D. Nicoletti, M. Fechner, N. Tancogne-Dejean, M. A. Sentef, A. Georges, M. Dressel, A. Henderson, T. Siegrist, J. A. Schlueter, K. Miyagawa, K. Kanoda, M.-S. Nam, A. Ardavan, J. Coulthard, J. Tindall, F. Schlawin, D. Jaksch, A. Cavalleri, Photo-molecular high temperature superconductivity, Phys. Rev. X 10, 031028 (2020), doi: 10.1103/PhysRevX.10.031028
- J. Tindall, F. Schlawin, M. Buzzi, D. Nicoletti, J. R. Coulthard, H. Gao, A. Cavalleri, M. A. Sentef, D. Jaksch, Dynamical Superconductivity in a Frustrated Many-Body System, Phys. Rev. Lett. 125, 137001 (2020), doi: 10.1103/PhysRevLett.125.137001
- Frank Schlawin, Dante M. Kennes, Michael A. Sentef, Cavity Quantum Materials, Applied Physics Reviews Reviews 9, 011312 (2022), doi: 10.1063/5.0083825
This is a closed event for scientists. Non-scientists are not allowed to attend. If you are not a member or related person and would like to attend, please contact us using the inquiry form. Please note that the event organizer or speaker must authorize your request to attend.