Accelerated equilibration in classical stochastic systems
- January 13 (Wed) at 13:00 - 14:00, 2021 (JST)
- Dr. Kyosuke Adachi (Special Postdoctoral Researcher, iTHEMS / Special Postdoctoral Researcher, Nonequilibrium Physics of Living Matter RIKEN Hakubi Research Team, RIKEN Center for Biosystems Dynamics Research (BDR))
- via Zoom
Shortcuts to adiabaticity (STA)  are processes that make a given quantum state evolve into a target state in a fast manner, which can be useful to avoid decoherence in quantum experiments. In this journal club, I will concisely review the concept of STA, and then focus on the recently proposed classical counterparts of STA, sometimes called engineered swift equilibration, in Brownian particle systems  and evolutionary systems .
*Detailed information about the seminar refer to the email.
- D. Guéry-Odelin et al., Rev. Mod. Phys. 91, 045001 (2019).
- I. A. Martínez, et al., Nat. Phys. 12, 843 (2016).
- S. Iram et al., Nat. Phys. (2020)., doi: 10.1038/s41567-020-0989-3