Become a scientist who studies what you love !! [Chapter of Universe]
Cooperation / RIKEN
Five scientists explain the fascinating aspects of cutting-edge space research!
Shigehiro Nagataki (Deputy Program Director, iTHEMS) and Naritaka Oshita (Special Postdoctoral Researcher, iTHEMS) are among the authors.
How was the universe formed in the first place?
What are stars made of?
What will happen at the end of the universe?
The RIKEN scientists carefully explain the mysteries of the universe, which are full of questions and wonders, in this book.
Their research topics range from the creation of a space telescope that captures invisible light, to how our bodies work in space, to the sound of a black hole merging, to the first molecules formed by a baby star, and much more.
Where do we come from and where are we going?
The study of the universe may provide an answer to such a philosophical question.
The book also introduces what kind of children they were and their lives as researchers.
There is also a message for children who think they are not good at studying science.
In addition, all the kanji characters are labeled with ruby!
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: Can People Live in Space? (Dr. Taishin Akiyama)
- Chapter 2: How do we see distant stars? (Dr. Toru Tamagawa)
- Chapter 3: The Beginning and the End of the Universe (Dr. Shigehiro Nagataki)
- Chapter 4: How are stars born? (Dr. Minami Sakai)
- Chapter 5: Hearing the Sound of a Black Hole (Dr. Naritaka Oshita)